Are you interested in becoming a Covetrus customer?
Already a customer?Request an online account
Tasty Treats for Halloween
Share these pet friendly and easy-to-make Halloween ideas.
Halloween Treats for Dogs
Made with bite-size pieces of chicken, they’re recommended and only available from veterinarians.
Pro-Treat Freeze Dried Treats
These bite-size full-flavor treats can also be used as a training tool.
Yogurt and Banana Treat
- 16 oz. plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 chopped banana
Mix together, freeze overnight, and serve.
Apple-Cheddar Dog Biscuits
- 2 cups barley flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Bone-shaped or other cookie cutter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with nonstick baking mat or parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients and about 3 tablespoons water to form a dough. Roll out mixture between two sheets of plastic wrap to 1/4-inch thick; remove plastic wrap and cut out biscuits with a 3 1/2-inch bone-shaped or other cookie cutter. Reroll scraps and continue cutting out biscuits.
3. Space biscuits 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes until nicely browned and firm.
4. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack. Turn off oven and place biscuits on wire rack in oven overnight. Remove from oven and store in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.
Halloween Treats for Cats
Made with skinless chicken, they’re recommended and only available from veterinarians.
Pro Plan Feline Adult Savor Crunchy Bites With Chicken
Your cat is sure to love these crunchy bites with real chicken.
- 15 8-ounce plastic cups
- 1 5.5-ounce can of your cat’s favorite wet food (smooth, not chunky, works best)
- Catnip and/or soft cat treats (optional)
- One small square of plastic wrap
- Mix cat food and treats in a bowl in a minimum 2 parts food to 1 part treat ratio
- Fill plastic cups with mixture about ½” high with mixture. Put plastic wrap on top to avoid freezer burn.
- Stack cups, flattening treat mixture into disk, and freeze overnight.
- Run warm water over bottom cup until it releases. Put treat in bowl and let stand about 5 minutes.
Leave a comment
Need Regulatory Assistance
If you need help with regulatory or licensing issues, we're happy to help. We have a wide variety of resources to help you when issues arise.
Are you looking for a place to let your talents shine? At Covetrus, we help our practitioner customers better serve their patients and take pride in providing the best customer experience possible. Search our open positions to see our available opportunities.
Stay current with what’s going on with Covetrus, subscribe to receive our newsletter and email communications. Subscribers will receive the latest information in practice management, sales and marketing, animal health, and more.